About the Journal
The Katsina-Ala Multidisciplinary Journal is a bi-annual journal (in June and December) centrally published by College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State. This academic journal cuts across many disciplines including the Arts, Sciences (core sciences and science education), Vocational and Technical Education, Education and ICT, World and Indigenous Languages and contemporary global and national issues. The primary mission is to publish well researched articles that are original and which have the capacity to promote autonomous and qualitative scholarship that can improve the standard of education in Nigeria. It is open for patronage by practising teachers, teacher educators, authors, curriculum experts, policy makers, students, publishers and librarians in all aspects of education.
Notes to Contributors
The Editorial Board of the Katsina-Ala Multidisciplinary Journal invites for publication in the maiden edition empirical and non-empirical research articles, critical literature reviews, book reviews and or any article that has sound theoretical basis on any educational problem in the above areas. Contributors wishing to send their articles should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Articles submitted to Katsina-Ala Multidisciplinary Journal must not have been published or sent for publication elsewhere.
- Format for Empirical Research
Abstract: Not more than 150 words on a separate page.
Introduction: The introduction should cover background of the study, statement of the problem, theoretical framework, purpose of the study, research questions/hypotheses, significance of the study and literature review. The contributor needs not mention any of the above subtitles.
Method: This should embrace the research design, population, sample and sampling techniques, instrument for data collection, procedure for data collection, and method of data analysis.
Discussion: Should contain the result and how it answers the research questions.
Conclusion: Should focus on the findings, conclusion and appropriate recommendations and contributions of knowledge.
References: The reference sections should normally contain a list of works cited in the body of the article using the latest American Psychological Association (APA) style.
- Acceptable Length: Articles should not exceed 15 pages including tables, charts, appendices and references.
- Line Spacing: Articles should be type-written double spaced and printed on A-4 size paper. Three hard copies and one soft copy should be submitted.
- Vetting Fee: Articles for assessment must be accompanied with a non-refundable fee of N1,500.00 only in cash or cheque payable to Ikyolun Ikpa Account Number 0015281451 (Union Bank, Gboko Branch) or 3056767787 (First Bank, Katsina-Ala Branch)
Contact/Correspondence Address: All correspondence should be addressed to:
Katsina-Ala Multidisciplinary Journal,
Department of English & Literary Studies,
College of Education,
PMB 2008, Katsina-Ala,
Tel: 08065518820, 08062861389